Mission & Strategy
Our mission is to inspire, strengthen and expand funding and philanthropic leadership that yield environmentally sustainable, socially equitable and economically prosperous regions and communities.
Our vision is that the Funders' Network will be the leading resource in philanthropy for interdisciplinary and transformative thinking and action that gives all people the opportunity to live in more environmentally sustainable, socially equitable and economically prosperous regions and communities.
- Better policy, resource and money flows at all levels of government (federal, state, regional, and local)
- Effective collaboration and governance
- Exemplary places and policies
- Civic engagement and inclusion
- A persistent focus on equity and inclusiveness (people) by increasing access to services and opportunities
- Deep understanding of the attributes of sustainable, equitable, and prosperous regions and communities (place) with interdisciplinary grantmaking that reduces fiscal and regulatory incentives that encourage poor land use decisions
- Coordinate funder education, information sharing and relationship development
- Facilitate strategic initiatives and collaborations to advance progress towards desired outcomes
Cultivate emerging funder interest and new opportunities for funder engagement